Thursday, February 27, 2014

"12 Years a Slave" is too hard to watch

"12 Years a Slave" stands as a film almost unbearable to watch, with many people choosing not to watch and not even an Oscar win will change that. On Sunday night, director Steve McQueen's told the true story of Solomon Northup, a free black man kidnapped and sold into slavery in the South. Now he may win the Academy Award for best picture. It is arguably the most disturbing to some and extremely powerful film in  the past. Those who have watched it often leave theaters in a hush and find it very difficult to explain and show  how they felt about what they've witnessed on the screen. I haven't watched it yet but I'm not so sure  I want to. Yes i know it's a difficult movie to watch but as much as it might disturb and mess with my mind I am still willing to watch it. Oscar win or not it won't change that it is a very hard movie to watch but it's still worth watching. I think it's one of those films that show how terrible mankind was back then compared to how it is now and just makes you wonder which era is worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment